The Clerk's Office/Corporate Services is led by Ms. Laura Moy, Director Corporate Services & Clerk.
The Municipal Clerk's Office is responsible for performing the statutory duties under the Ontario Municipal Act including:
- Registrar under the Vital Statistics Act, responsible for such matters as maintenance of the municipal birth and death registry; and, issuance of death and burial certificates;
- Elections Officer accountable for the preparation and overall conduct of the municipal elections;
- Organization, preparation and distribution of Council / Committee meeting agendas and minutes;
- Providing public notice of Council / Committee meetings and other matters of public interest and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and municipal policy;
- Safekeeping of municipal records to support transparency of actions, ensure regulatory compliance, and is responsible for the maintenance of the paper and electronic records systems, records storage and retrieval, records retention and disposal;
- Municipal Freedom of Information Privacy Officer providing public access to Town records and information and protecting personal privacy in accordance within the statutory requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Licensing Officer responsible for the issuance of all lottery, taxi, business and dog licenses and ensuring compliance with statutory and municipal regulations;
- Liaison with all orders of government, local boards/commissions, public and community groups/associations;
- Ensuring quality customer service.
Corporate Services Office
The Corporate Services Office is responsible for administration and management of Human Resources functions including:
- Employee Recruitment;
- Delivery and coordination of employee training programs;
- Development of HR related policies and programs;
- Health and Safety programs;
- Maintenance of Collective Agreements.