Tecumseh "Bingo" Class Action
The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh follow Lottery Licensing Policies as developed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, the Criminal Code of Canada, the Order-in-Council 2688/03 (as amended) and the Gaming Control Act, 1992 and its Regulations.
Organizations must have a demonstrated charitable or religious mandate to qualify i.e. it provides programs for:
- Relief of poverty;
- Advancement of education; and
- Other charitable purposes beneficial to the community.
The following pre-requisites are mandatory to be considered eligible for a lottery license:
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least one (1) year before being considered eligible for lottery licenses.
- The organization must have a place of business in Ontario, demonstrate that it is established to provide charitable services in Ontario and use proceeds for objects or purposes which benefit Ontario residents.
- The Town of Tecumseh will only issue a lottery license to an organization which operates charitable facilities or programs within the County of Essex.
The primary purposes of an organization are determined by considering:
- The mandate of the organization as set out in its incorporation documents or documents stating the organization’s objects.
- The objects of the organization as described in its application for license.
- The services which have actually been provided by the organization to the community.
Organizations that have not conducted lottery events, must complete a Lottery Licensing Eligibility Form.
Types of Lottery Events
The Town of Tecumseh issues licenses to conduct the following lottery events:
- Bingo events;
- Ticket raffle lotteries for total prized $50,000 and under; and
- All break open ticket lotteries not licensed by the provincial office.
|Raffle||3% of prize board|
|Break Open Tickets||3% of prize board|