Who We Are
The Tecumseh Community Policing Committee is comprised of members of the OPP and local volunteers that reside in the municipality. The Committee acts as a link between the police and the community to identify and resolve public issues. The Committee meets on a monthly basis to discuss upcoming events and current policing issues. These individuals are brought together by their common goal to create a safe and vibrant community.
What We Do
Our Mission is to work in partnership with the OPP to identify safety issues in the Town of Tecumseh. We strive to develop and implement strategies to improve our community’s safety.
- Partner with Police in providing education and awareness programs
- Promote public commitment and awareness through active involvement in the resolution of crime, traffic and social order issues
- Supporting new and ongoing initiatives for the community of Tecumseh
- Car Seat/Bike Safety Clinic
- Corn Festival Information Booth
- Skate Park Initiative
- VIP Program
- OPP Cop Camp
- Tecumseh Triathalon
- Euchre Tournament
If you have any questions, would like to request a presentation, or if you are interested in joining, please contact the Tecumseh OPP Detachment. A copy of the application form can be found here.